Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time Gone

Time Gone

By Gayle Haynes



I always thought that in ten years I'd have it all together.

Ten years have come and gone a half-dozen times,

And all I have that's left to show are memories and rhymes.



The meanings have become all cloudy now;

I thought they were just beginning to clear.

I've entered a fearsome stage where the end is drawing near.



The time to change or start again has fled.

It's now too late to fix what once was new.

Future joys are far between and few.



Has there been a theft of golden days?

Have bouquets of hours wilted for neglect?

Time does not wait while I pause to reflect.



I no longer stand and fear the onward press.

Time has taken on a different hue.

Heaven has time enough for all I have to do.





No comments: