Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why Do I Write?

Why or Whatever was I thinking 11/21/07 Brookl...
Why or Whatever was I thinking 11/21/07 Brooklyn NY USA 1:55 p.m. (Photo credit: larryosan)
When I first began blogging, I thought I'd have lots of people reading my stuff. Arrogance and pride never die. I am so full of it that I have to remind myself of all the blogs out there that are so much better than mine with so much superior material. There are lots of writers with great content to claim people's time and energy that I rarely get a jump in the stats.

Somehow it doesn't matter. I still get to say what I want to. I still get to express my opinion or make my observations. To be successful you should want to have many readers, but that's not the only reason I write. Yes, it would be wonderful to have lots of readers and get many comments, but I write because I want to say something and even if I just get one reader, I have shared the concept or idea, and maybe the important thing is to craft the thought in a way that pleases me. I want it to be read, but my first obligation is to write it, or think it, or express it, or observe it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: