Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Mother never told me this

Sometimes I wonder if someone is asleep at the switch. I work and obey and pay my bills, but things just don't go well. I look up and see that somehow I missed a door or got on the wrong elevator.

Carol spent the night with me last night and I took her to the doctor today. She lamented that she couldn't get things to go well. She lives is a house that should be condemned and her life has gone from bad to hopeless. Besides have Rheumatoid Arthritis and losing her arm to a staff infection, her husband has become disabled and they must try to live in $1360.00 a month--three of them. Sarah is going to college; however, her efforts are less than sterling and she has no idea what profession she wants to pursue.

What is wrong with this picture? Here I am at 73 trying to get a writing career started. What am I missing here?

No comments: