Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm Still Trying to Learn How to Blog

I read other people's blogs to learn--imitation, you know.  And they argue that we don't descend from monkeys.  Well, I don't consider myself a descendent of a monkey, but I do share characteristics--and imitation is one of them.

One of my favortie bloggers is King of the New York Hacks--he is great.  Today I read his blog about the memories and consequences of 9/11.  It is moving and memorable.  I get caught up in reading and forget to analyze and copy, but I'm still trying.  I guess I need to use pictures like he does.  I don't know that I have anything compelling to post like the collapse of the Towers, but it would make the page more interesting to look at.

Just for fun I'll try this one. 

<><><><><><>
A Coyote watching, waiting, wary




Lesson Learned from Coyotes


By Gayle Haynes

I saw two coyotes in the pasture yesterday.

They saw me first and stopped

to watch with questioning, amber eyes,

Then turned and trotted silently away.



I regretted insufficient light.

It was early, the sun not risen.

Threadbare fields swallowed them up.

Their forms faded quickly from my sight.



I could not guess their destination

or follow to find their winter den.

They were a part of another world

beyond the scope of exploration.



Howling memories sneak through the fence

like coyotes, who lurk about the yard.

Their delicate presence recalls another world

beyond the scope of sense.



<><><><>
<><><><>
<><><><>


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

King of New York Hacks said...

I think you have you're own style flowing smoothly already Gayle..your words are so subtle yet creep up on me effortlessly. Thanks for the shout out, however I was born year of the monkey if that means anything LOL Thanks for the kind comment, Great ?? SMILES ;)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much. I have to visit a chinese restaurant to figure out the year of the monkey. I think I am the year of the rat. Not very romantic, I'm afraid.